The Houston Ginger Man is the oldest of our pubs, and has been serving fine beer since 1985. Nestled in Rice Village, close to Rice University, the Texas Medical Center, and the West University neighborhood sits a home taken out of a literary novel. Shaded by leafy, deep-rooted trees and foliage, the pub itself tells a story as well as the beloved regulars for nearly three decades. Visit us, your neighborhood pub, ask the bartenders about a particular beer, play a friendly game of darts or sit back and enjoy a pint with your fellow patrons.
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday – 2pm to 2am
Saturday through Sunday – 1pm to 2am
Save the Date
Saturday, July 19th at 3pm:
Celebrate Belgium Independence day with us at our annual Belgian Beer Tasting. The event features 8 of Belgium’s finest beers paired with complementing treats. Tickets are $40 and space is limited. Get yours tickets today. Please visit our Facebook and Twitter pages for more details.
Wednesdays at 6 pm
- July 2nd - Brasserie Lefebvre Blanche de Bruxelles
- July 9th - Brouwerij Van Steenberge Piraat
- July 16th – Duvel Moorgat De Koninck
- July 23rd – St. Martin Triple
- July 30th – Ommegang Hop House
- Friday, July 11th at 6pm - St. Martin Brewer’s Night featuring the Triple
- Tuesday, July 29th at 6pm - Chimay Brewery Night: Come meet the man who got knighted for loving beer, The Face of Chimay, “Bobo” Van Mechelen!
Live Music at The Ginger Man
Thursdays at 7pm
- Tom Lynch (July 3rd & July 10)
- Scott Morrison (July 17th, July 24, July 31st)