WHAT’S NEW IN OUR WORLD OF BEER?
FLIGHT OF THE MONTH
- Flensburger Weizen
- Wittekerke Sour Strawberry
- Blanche de Bruxelles
- Real Ale Sour Blackberry
- Bavik Petrus Saison de Pale
- Chimay Blue
- Chimay White
- Bavik Premium Pils
NEW ON THE TAP WALL
- Sam Adams Boston Lager (American Lager)
- Brooklyn Summer Ale (Sunny Pale Ale)
- Fulbrook Ale Works BRD (IPA)
- Dogfish Head Liquid Truth Serum (IPA)
- Saint Arnold Summer (Pils)
- Alaskan Amber (Amber Ale)
FEATURED BEER OF THE MONTH
- Flensburger Weizen (Hefeweizen): A golden color, top-fermented specialty beer, brewed with the finest wheat and barley amlt. Fresh, sparkling and naturally cloudy. Characterized by a fruity and refreshing taste.
- De Brabandere Wittekerke Sour Strawberry (Sour Ale): Wittekerke Sour Strawberry Ale is a one of a kind sour made from a wit beer base with sweet strawberry and the sour flora harvested from oak foeders (barrels) used in making the famous Petrus Aged Pale ale. These sweet and sour flavors perfectly complement one another yielding a complex, refreshing taste- only available in this special limited edition.
- Chimay Cinq Cents/ Tripel/White (Trappist): Chimay Tripel, with its’ typical golden color and its’ slightly hazy appearance. Chimay’s fine head is especially characterized by its’ aroma, which results from an agreeable combination of fresh hops and yeast. The beer’s flavor, as sensed in the mouth, comes from the smell of hops: above all it is the fruit notes of muscat and raisings that five this beer a particularly attractive aroma. The aroma compliments the touch of bitterness. There is no acidity, but an after-bitterness which melts in the mouth. This top fermented Trappist beer, refermented in the bottle, is not pasteurized.
- Dogfish Head Perfect Disguise (Double IPA): On the surface, The Perfect Disguise looks like a straightforward Kolsch, with a crisp Kolsch yeast and traditional German malts and hops….but things aren’t always what they seem. With a quick sniff and a slight sip, you’re greeted by a creamy mouthfeel and full body thanks to the addition of a unique German chit malt- the first hint that this beer may be somewhat different. Hiding deeper behind that German disguise is the double dry-hopping of an American Double IPA, with nearly 4 pounds of German and American hops per barrel. It brings tropical flavors of citrus, tangerine, mango, gooseberries and peach.
- De Bradandere Bavik Petrus Saison de Pal (Saison): Belgian Ale brewed with Pilsner, wheat and rye malts, and is balanced with Saaz hops. The Saison yeast gives forth a peppery, herbal and bready aromas which carry through to the flavor. The Saison alone is soft and finishes dry and refreshing. 15% petrus Aged Pale is blended in bringing a nice tension to the beer, making it gently tart and extra quenching. The beer remains unfiltered, which provides a medium body and smooth mouthfeel to the drinking experience.
- Community Legion (Russian Imperial Stout): Hallmarks of the style are rich maltiness from the massive grain bill, deep roast and chocolate character from highly kilned malts, all balanced by an elevated bitterness, hop flavor and alcohol content. Lacking the intensely bitter, burnt character of many stouts, Community think it’s roasty in all the right places, with a velvety mouthfeel and smooth finish. Community Beer Company’s legion of beer lovers grows larger every day and this massive Russian Imperial Stout transcends rank and echelon!
- De Bradandere Petrus Oud Bruin (Red/Brown Ale): Dark ruby red- red as wine. The style is also called the Burgundy of Flanders, and is very typical and common beer in West Flanders. Created by a secret blend of the aged and sour ‘mother beer’ with fresh brewed sweeter beer, this beer produces a sour-sweet balance, set off by the underlying bitterness of the hops. A discovery! The best in its style! Light in alcohol, exciting complex flavors and tastes come the forefront.
Offshore Technology Conference
May 6th – May 9th
Welcome OTC! Once you are finished with your conference festivities, come join us for a beer!
Game of Thrones Trivia
Monday, May 13th at 7pm
Come play trivia at The Ginger Man every Monday @ 7:00 hosted by Scott Morrison. Use your noggin knowledge to win prizes… and friends! The upcoming months’ featured Trivia breweries include…
5/13: Ommegang *Game of Thrones
5/20: Buffalo Bayou
5/27: Stella Artois
CARDS AGAINST HUMANITY NIGHT
Every Wednesday night, be sure to get a coveted seat at our Cards Against Humanity Night! Don’t know what Cards Against Humanity is? In their own words “Cards Against Humanity is a party game for horrible people. Unlike most of the party games you’ve played before, Cards Against Humanity is as despicable and awkward as you and your friends. The game is simple. Each round, one player asks a question from a black card, and everyone else answers with their funniest white card.” Each week compete to win the top prize from a brewery. Check out this month’s featured breweries…
5/8: Bishop Cider
5/15: Youngs Double Chocolate
5/22: Eureka Heights
5/29: Firestone Walker
LIVE MUSIC THURSDAYS
The Ginger Man Houston has live music EVERY Thursday night starting at 7 o’clock! Check out this month’s featured performers…
4/25: Scott Morrison
5/2: Ben Jarrad
5/9: Double Shot
5/16: Scott Morrison
5/23: Mercedes Saldivar
5/30: Ben Jarrad
Is there something that we are missing? Let us know. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org