WHAT’S NEW IN OUR WORLD OF BEER?
FLIGHT OF THE MONTH
- Bavik Pilsner
- Petrus Sour Blackberry
- Flensburger Winterbock
- Gulden Draak Imperial Stout
- Petrus Sour Passionfruit
- Petrus 80/20
- Kasteel Barista Chocolate Quad
- Chimay Blue
NEW ON THE TAP WALL
- Funkwerks Tropic King (Imperial Saison)
- Brooklyn Unflitered Lager (Lager)
- Eureka Heights Mini Boss (IPA)
- Fullbrook Ale Works Frag Out (Saison)
- De Brabandere Petrus 80/20 (Sour Ale)
- Kasteel Barista Chocolate Quad (Quadruple)
- Rahr & Sons Paleta de Mango (Mango Chile beer with Lime)
FEATURED BEER OF THE MONTH
- De Brabandere Petrus Sour Passionfruit (Sour AlE):
Petrus Sour Passionfruit is a blend of the famous Petrus Aged Pale sour (a 100% foederbeer that is aged 24 months in foeders) and passionfruit. The result is this genuinely marvelous Sour Passionfruit, a harmonious union of tart and sweet embodied in one single remarkable beer.
- Flensburger Winter Bock (Maibock): The rich and flavourful bock beer has a crisp mild taste. The full-bodied Flensburger specialty is enjoyable from October to March.
- Von Honsbrouck Kasteel Barista Chocolate Quad (Belgian Strong Ale): Was first produced as “Kasteel Winter” but then rebranded to Barista Chocolate Quad.” The name ‘Barista’ conjures thoughts of steaming coffee below a layer of expertly created forth. This may sounds rather far-fetched for a beer…. However, the aromas and the flavours of caramel, cacao and roast match seamlessly with the ‘black gold’ and chocolate. This beer builds bridges with the world of hot beverages, with warming alcohol in the finish. One to enjoy all the year round: with a meal, int front of an open fire or an outdoor terrace.
- De Brabandere Petrus 80/20 (Sour Ale): A beautiful blend of 80 %Petrus Aged Pale and 20% Petrus Aged Red. Petrus Aged Pale has a gold to bronze color, rather than the burgundy more common in the breweries of West Flanders. This is the ‘mother beer’ used in various quantities to blend with the other Petrus beers, and to give them their unique and very distinctive taste. This mother beer is rather sour with a bite like the best Brut Champagnes. A connoisseur’s delight! Petrus Aged Red beer is constructed from a base of Doubel Brown Ale. 15% Petrus Aged Pale is added to provide a dry character to the brew and give it a slight sour essence. Finally the brewer adds fresh cherries, which are evident in the rich thick head. Petrus Aged Red is a perfect blend of sweet and sour with a cherry undertone which makes this brew remarkable drinkable at 8.5% ABV.
- De Brabandere Bavik Super Pils (Pilsner):A true Belgian Pilsner, crafted by Brewery De Brabandere in Bavikhove, Belgium. This pilsner is uncompromised, brewed as it was in 1894. What make Bavik a Super Pils? 100% Malt- no dilution assures the quality of the Pilsner. 100% Noble bitterness- by using only Aroma Hops there is a smooth bitterness with character leaving you with a soft and round aftertaste. 100% Crystal Clear- 8 days of fermentation and 30 days of maturation guarantees a natural clarity and taste stability. 100% Natural flavor- due to strict hygienic conditions De Brabandere can avoid all heat treatment and bring you an unpasteurized Belgian pilsner with a unique taste.
- Chimay Grande Reserve – Blue – (Trappist):Grande Reserve was first launched in 1948 as a Christmas ale under the name “Blue Cap.” It’s success and reputation as a strong ale of the highest quality led to it’s year-round production as Chimay Grande Reserve. Today it is the standard of bearer of the Chimay range and has become notorious for its amazing cellaring ability. A beer cellar on the grounds of the abbey secures a vast selection of Chimay Blue bottles whose ages span a multitude of decades. The beer is remarkably dry for the style and the hint of sweetness is derived purely from the highest quality of malts. Flavors of dates, fig and pear are complimented by aromas of dark bread, with a touch of rose. As the beer ages it maintains its elegance while taking on flavors of sherry and tobacco.
ST PATTY’S DAY
Sunday, March 17th
Corral your best buddies for a day of debauchery in celebration of St. Patrick! Make sure you wear your best green gear and bring your dancing shoes because Ruckus will be hitting the stage from 5PM to 9PM.
Come play trivia at The Ginger Man every Monday @ 7:00 hosted by Scott Morrison. Use your noggin knowledge to win prizes… and friends! The upcoming months’ featured Trivia breweries include…
- Rahr & Sons – 2/25
- Buffalo Bayou – 3/4
- Sierra Nevada – 3/11
- Community – 3/18
- Karbach – 3/25 *THE OFFICE TRIVIA*
CARDS AGAINST HUMANITY NIGHT
Every Wednesday night, be sure to get a coveted seat at our Cards Against Humanity Night! Don’t know what Cards Against Humanity is? In their own words “Cards Against Humanity is a party game for horrible people. Unlike most of the party games you’ve played before, Cards Against Humanity is as despicable and awkward as you and your friends. The game is simple. Each round, one player asks a question from a black card, and everyone else answers with their funniest white card.” Each week compete to win the top prize from a brewery. Check out this month’s featured breweries…
- Southern Star – 2/20
- Fullbrook Ale Works – 2/27
- Deschutes – 3/6
- Celis – 3/13
- Guinness – 3/20
- (512) Brewing – 3/27
LIVE MUSIC THURSDAYS
The Ginger Man Houston has live music EVERY Thursday night starting at 7 o’clock! Check out this month’s featured performers…
- Mercedes Saldivar – 2/28
- Ben Jarrad – 3/7
- Scott Morrison – 3/14
- Mercedes Saldivar – 3/21
- Double Shot – 3/28
Is there something that we are missing? Let us know. Email us at email@example.com