WHAT’S NEW IN OUR WORLD OF BEER?
FLIGHT OF THE MONTH
- Petrus Sour Passionfruit
- Petrus 80/20
- Kasteel Barista Chocolate Quad
- Chimay Blue
- Flensburger Weizen,
- Wittekerke Sour Strawberry
- Blanche de Bruxelles
- Real Ale Sour Blackberry
NEW ON THE TAP WALL
- De Brabandere Petrus 80/20 (Sour Ale)
- Kasteel Barista Chocolate Quad (Quadruple)
- Rahr & Sons Paleta de Mango (Mango Chile beer with Lime)
- Sam Adams Boston Lager (American Lager)
- Brooklyn Summer Ale (Sunny Pale Ale)
- Fulbrook Ale Works BRD (IPA)
FEATURED BEER OF THE MONTH
- De Brabandere Bavik Super Pils (Pilsner):A true Belgian Pilsner, crafted by Brewery De Brabandere in Bavikhove, Belgium. This pilsner is uncompromised, brewed as it was in 1894. What make Bavik a Super Pils? 100% Malt- no dilution assures the quality of the Pilsner. 100% Noble bitterness- by using only Aroma Hops there is a smooth bitterness with character leaving you with a soft and round aftertaste. 100% Crystal Clear- 8 days of fermentation and 30 days of maturation guarantees a natural clarity and taste stability. 100% Natural flavor- due to strict hygienic conditions De Brabandere can avoid all heat treatment and bring you an unpasteurized Belgian pilsner with a unique taste.
- Chimay Grande Reserve – Blue – (Trappist):Grande Reserve was first launched in 1948 as a Christmas ale under the name “Blue Cap.” It’s success and reputation as a strong ale of the highest quality led to it’s year-round production as Chimay Grande Reserve. Today it is the standard of bearer of the Chimay range and has become notorious for its amazing cellaring ability. A beer cellar on the grounds of the abbey secures a vast selection of Chimay Blue bottles whose ages span a multitude of decades. The beer is remarkably dry for the style and the hint of sweetness is derived purely from the highest quality of malts. Flavors of dates, fig and pear are complimented by aromas of dark bread, with a touch of rose. As the beer ages it maintains its elegance while taking on flavors of sherry and tobacco.
- Flensburger Weizen (Hefeweizen): A golden color, top-fermented specialty beer, brewed with the finest wheat and barley amlt. Fresh, sparkling and naturally cloudy. Characterized by a fruity and refreshing taste.
- De Brabandere Wittekerke Sour Strawberry (Sour Ale): Wittekerke Sour Strawberry Ale is a one of a kind sour made from a wit beer base with sweet strawberry and the sour flora harvested from oak foeders (barrels) used in making the famous Petrus Aged Pale ale. These sweet and sour flavors perfectly complement one another yielding a complex, refreshing taste- only available in this special limited edition.
- Chimay Cinq Cents/ Tripel/White (Trappist): Chimay Tripel, with its’ typical golden color and its’ slightly hazy appearance. Chimay’s fine head is especially characterized by its’ aroma, which results from an agreeable combination of fresh hops and yeast. The beer’s flavor, as sensed in the mouth, comes from the smell of hops: above all it is the fruit notes of muscat and raisings that five this beer a particularly attractive aroma. The aroma compliments the touch of bitterness. There is no acidity, but an after-bitterness which melts in the mouth. This top fermented Trappist beer, refermented in the bottle, is not pasteurized.
- Dogfish Head Perfect Disguise (Double IPA): On the surface, The Perfect Disguise looks like a straightforward Kolsch, with a crisp Kolsch yeast and traditional German malts and hops….but things aren’t always what they seem. With a quick sniff and a slight sip, you’re greeted by a creamy mouthfeel and full body thanks to the addition of a unique German chit malt- the first hint that this beer may be somewhat different. Hiding deeper behind that German disguise is the double dry-hopping of an American Double IPA, with nearly 4 pounds of German and American hops per barrel. It brings tropical flavors of citrus, tangerine, mango, gooseberries and peach.
ST PATTY’S DAY
Sunday, March 17th
Corral your best buddies for a day of debauchery in celebration of St. Patrick! Make sure you wear your best green gear and bring your dancing shoes because Ruckus will be hitting the stage from 5PM to 9PM.
Come play trivia at The Ginger Man every Monday @ 7:00 hosted by Scott Morrison. Use your noggin knowledge to win prizes… and friends! The upcoming months’ featured Trivia breweries include…
3/25: Karbach *THE OFFICE TRIVIA*
4/1: Firestone Walker
4/8: Fulbrook Ale Works
4/15: Austin Eastcider
4/22: Real Ale
CARDS AGAINST HUMANITY NIGHT
Every Wednesday night, be sure to get a coveted seat at our Cards Against Humanity Night! Don’t know what Cards Against Humanity is? In their own words “Cards Against Humanity is a party game for horrible people. Unlike most of the party games you’ve played before, Cards Against Humanity is as despicable and awkward as you and your friends. The game is simple. Each round, one player asks a question from a black card, and everyone else answers with their funniest white card.” Each week compete to win the top prize from a brewery. Check out this month’s featured breweries…
3/27: (512) Brewing
4/10: Merchant Du Vin
4/24: Saint Arnold
LIVE MUSIC THURSDAYS
The Ginger Man Houston has live music EVERY Thursday night starting at 7 o’clock! Check out this month’s featured performers…
3/28: Double Shot
4/4: Mercedes Saldivar
4/11: Scott Morrison
4/18: Mercedes Saldivar
4/25: Scott Morrison
Is there something that we are missing? Let us know. Email us at email@example.com