WHAT’S NEW IN OUR WORLD OF BEER?
FLIGHT OF THE MONTH
- Blanche de Bruxelles
- Petrus Saison de Pale
- Wittekerke Wild Strawberry
- Maredsous 8
NEW ON THE TAP WALL
- Westmalle Dubbel – Belgian Dubbel
- Funkwerks Raspberry Provincial – Sour
- Sam Adams Angry Orchard Rose – Cider
FEATURED BEER OF THE MONTH
- Duvel Golden Ale : Duvel is a natural beer with a subtle bitterness, a refined flavor and a distinctive hop character. The unique brewing process, which takes about 90 days, guarantees a pure character, delicate effervescence and a pleasant sweey taste of alcohol. Duvel is still seen as the reference among strong golden ales. Its bouquet is lively and tickles the nose with an element of citrus which even tends towards grapefruit thanks to the use of the highest-quality hop varieties. This is also reflected in the flavour, which is beautifully balanced with a hint of spiciness. Thanks to its high CO2 content, this beer has a wonderful roundness in the mouth.
- Westmalle Dubbel (Belgian Dubbel) : When monastic communities began to brew an ale for sale to the public, it was often a stronger brew than the ale the community consumed in the abbey. Brewing scholars aren’t certain, but in the days before universal literacy, this “second style” could have had the barrels marked with two X’s…. which possibly led to the name “dubbel.” Brown-amber in coloer, subtle dark-malt aroma balanced by Belgian yeast character. Deeply malty, with a gentle, dry finish that hints at tropical fruit.
- De Brandandere Petrus Saison de Pale (Tart Saison) : A collaboration between Dogfish head and Brouwerij de Brabandere- brewers of Petrus Sour Beers- their Brewing Ambassaodr Bryan Sleders traveled all the way to Belgium to brew Saison de Pale for Philly Loves Beer’s annual Philly Beer Week. Saison de Pale is a Belgian Ale brewed with Pilsner, wheat and rye malts, and is balanced with Saaz hops. The saison yeast gives forth a peppery, herbal and bready aromas which carry through to the flavor. The saison alone is soft and finished dry and refreshing. 15% Petrus Aged Pale is blended in bringing a nice tension to the beer, making it tart and extra quenching. The beer remains unfiltered, which provides a medium body and smooth mouthfeel.
Monday, July 15th at 7pm
Come play trivia at The Ginger Man every Monday @ 7:00 hosted by Scott Morrison. Use your noggin knowledge to win prizes… and friends! The upcoming months’ featured Trivia breweries include…
- 7/1: Buffalo Bayou
- 7/8: Leffe Blonde
- 7/15: Community
- 7/22: Maredsous
- 7/29: Westmalle
CARDS AGAINST HUMANITY NIGHT
Every Wednesday night, be sure to get a coveted seat at our Cards Against Humanity Night! Don’t know what Cards Against Humanity is? In their own words “Cards Against Humanity is a party game for horrible people. Unlike most of the party games you’ve played before, Cards Against Humanity is as despicable and awkward as you and your friends. The game is simple. Each round, one player asks a question from a black card, and everyone else answers with their funniest white card.” Each week compete to win the top prize from a brewery. Check out this month’s featured breweries…
LIVE MUSIC THURSDAYS
The Ginger Man Houston has live music EVERY Thursday night starting at 7 o’clock! Check out this month’s featured performers…
7/11: Mercedes Saldivar
7/18: Scott Morrison
7/25: Ben Jarrad
Is there something that we are missing? Let us know. Email us at email@example.com