WHAT’S NEW IN OUR WORLD OF BEER?
FLIGHT OF THE MONTH
- Sam Smith Nut Brown
- Buffalo Bayou 1836
- Old Speckled Hen
- Bavik Pilsner
- Petrus Sour Blackberry
- Flensburger Winterbock
- Gulden Draak Imperial Stout
NEW ON THE TAP WALL
- Karbach Day Maker (Brut IPA)
- Brooklyn Unfiltered Lager (Lager)
- Alaskan Spruce IPA (IPA)
- Real Ale Axis (IPA)
- Founders Oatmeal Stout (Stout)
- Buffalo Bayou Crush City (IPA)
- Funkwerks Tropic King (Imperial Saison)
- Brooklyn Unflitered Lager (Lager)
- Eureka Heights Mini Boss (IPA)
- Fullbrook Ale Works Frag Out (Saison)
FEATURED BEER OF THE MONTH
- Saint Arnold French Press Cask (Imperial Coffee Porter): French Press is an imperial coffee porter brewed with Java Pura Coffee Roasters Espresso blend coffee. It pours drak brown/black in color with a creamy and tan head that lasts. It has a bold chocolate and coffee flavor and aroma with a balanced roast bitterness and mild sweetness. It finished with a nice balance of coffee and a slight chocolaty sweetness that doesn’t build and keeps you coming back for another sip.
- Van Steenberge Gulden Draak Imperial Stout (Imperial Stout): Gulden Draak Imperial Stout is a limited edition brew from the noble line of Gulden Draak beers, brewed by brewery Van Steenberge. A beer characterized by it deep, dark color and dry, delicious bitterness. It delivers a rich, complex, robust flavor that doesn’t give away the 12% ABV inside.
- Brooklyn Bel Air (Sour): Brooklyn Bel Air Sour is full of surprises. The sour ale starts up with bright notes of tropical fruit yet finished crisp and gently tart. It’s a trip that laid back, breezy, and completely refreshing.
- Karbach Chocolate Stout (Stout): Let it pour, watch it swirl, the chocolate notes release with carbonation. Take a sip and you’ll agree that this will become your new infatuation.
- De Brabandere Petrus Sour Passionfruit (Sour AlE):
Petrus Sour Passionfruit is a blend of the famous Petrus Aged Pale sour (a 100% foederbeer that is aged 24 months in foeders) and passionfruit. The result is this genuinely marvelous Sour Passionfruit, a harmonious union of tart and sweet embodied in one single remarkable beer.
- Flensburger Winter Bock (Maibock): The rich and flavourful bock beer has a crisp mild taste. The full-bodied Flensburger specialty is enjoyable from October to March.
- Von Honsbrouck Kasteel Barista Chocolate Quad (Belgian Strong Ale): Was first produced as “Kasteel Winter” but then rebranded to Barista Chocolate Quad.” The name ‘Barista’ conjures thoughts of steaming coffee below a layer of expertly created forth. This may sounds rather far-fetched for a beer…. However, the aromas and the flavours of caramel, cacao and roast match seamlessly with the ‘black gold’ and chocolate. This beer builds bridges with the world of hot beverages, with warming alcohol in the finish. One to enjoy all the year round: with a meal, int front of an open fire or an outdoor terrace.
- De Brabandere Petrus 80/20 (Sour Ale): A beautiful blend of 80 %Petrus Aged Pale and 20% Petrus Aged Red. Petrus Aged Pale has a gold to bronze color, rather than the burgundy more common in the breweries of West Flanders. This is the ‘mother beer’ used in various quantities to blend with the other Petrus beers, and to give them their unique and very distinctive taste. This mother beer is rather sour with a bite like the best Brut Champagnes. A connoisseur’s delight! Petrus Aged Red beer is constructed from a base of Doubel Brown Ale. 15% Petrus Aged Pale is added to provide a dry character to the brew and give it a slight sour essence. Finally the brewer adds fresh cherries, which are evident in the rich thick head. Petrus Aged Red is a perfect blend of sweet and sour with a cherry undertone which makes this brew remarkable drinkable at 8.5% ABV.
VALENTINE PASSPORT PROGRAM
Friday, February 8th @ 5PM
Join us for a special Valentine’s Event with Samuel Smith and Lindeman’s. Complete a passport card for a chance to win prizes from Merchant Du Vin.
HARRY POTTER TRIVIA
Monday, January 21st @ 7PM
Join us for a night of quizzical proportions, as we dive into the Wizarding World of Harry Potter! Brooklyn Brewery will be on tap with fantastic prizes for the top muggles! Grab your capes, your Quidditch broomsticks, and your wands… it’s going to be a magical time!
Come play trivia at The Ginger Man every Monday @ 7:00 hosted by Scott Morrison. Use your noggin knowledge to win prizes… and friends! The upcoming months’ featured Trivia breweries include…
- Brooklyn Brewery’s Harry Potter Trivia Night – 1/21
- Sweetwater – 1/28
- Funkwerks – 2/4
- Saint Arnold – 2/11
- Bishop Cider – 2/18
- Rahr & Sons – 2/25
CARDS AGAINST HUMANITY NIGHT
Every Wednesday night, be sure to get a coveted seat at our Cards Against Humanity Night! Don’t know what Cards Against Humanity is? In their own words “Cards Against Humanity is a party game for horrible people. Unlike most of the party games you’ve played before, Cards Against Humanity is as despicable and awkward as you and your friends. The game is simple. Each round, one player asks a question from a black card, and everyone else answers with their funniest white card.” Each week compete to win the top prize from a brewery. Check out this month’s featured breweries…
- Eureka Heights – 1/23
- Real Ale – 1/30
- Boulevard – 2/6
- Stone – 2/13
- Southern Star – 2/20
- Fullbrook Ale Works – 2/27
LIVE MUSIC THURSDAYS
The Ginger Man Houston has live music EVERY Thursday night starting at 7 o’clock! Check out this month’s featured performers…
- Ben Jarrad – 1/24
- Mercedes Saldivar – 1/31
- Scott Morrison – 2/7
- Ben Jarrad – 2/14
- Scott Morrison – 2/21
- Mercedes Saldivar – 2/28
Is there something that we are missing? Let us know. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org