WHAT’S NEW IN OUR WORLD OF BEER?
FLIGHT OF THE MONTH
“ Fall for Texas”
- Karbach Love Street
- St. Arnold Orange Show
- Martin House True Love
- St. Arnold Pumpkinator
- Sam Smith Winter Welcome
- Southern Star Buried Hatchet
- 512 Pecan Porter
- Alaskan Cranberry Tart
NEW ON THE TAP WALL
- Dogfish Head Flesh and Blood IPA
- Saint Arnold Pumpkinator Imperial pumpkin stout
- Martin House True Love Raspberry Sour
- Karbach Yule Shoot Your Eye Out (Spiced Ale)
- Sam Adams NEIPA (New England IPA)
- Sierra Nevada Celebration (IPA)
- Rahr & Sons BBA Winter Welcome (English-Style Strong Ale)
FEATURED BEER OF THE MONTH
- Saint Arnold Pumpkinator (Imperial pumpkin stout): Pumpkinator is a big, black, full of spice, full of flavor beer. Originally released in 2009 as Divine Reserve No. 9, it is an imperial pumpkin stout and our answer to how a pumpkin beer ought to taste. It is brewed with a combination of pale two row, caramel and black malts, Cascade and Liberty hops for a background hop flavor, pumpkin for a rich mouthfeel, molasses, brown sugar, spices and dry-spiced to make it feel like you just walked into your mom’s kitchen while she was cooking 37 pumpkin pies. It is the most expensive beer we have brewed.
- Karbach Love Street (Kolsch/Blonde): Brewed in the Kolsch-style and hopped delicately with floral German hops, this beer boasts a clean malt profile that refreshes to the core, without sacrificing character. So crack one open and find your own Love Street.
- Martin House True Love (Raspberry Sour): True Love is our second sour beer that is now available year-round. Similar to the Salty Lady, it is kettle soured and very refreshing. Raspberries are added in the fermenter which provide a purple hue and slight sweetness.
- Dogfish Head Flesh and Blood (IPA): Brewed with mouth-puckering lemon flesh, sweet orange peel and blood orange juice, Flesh & Blood balances the resinous hoppy characteristics of an American IPA with the explosive zesty fruitiness and subtle drying tartness of citrus to deliver a highly quaffable ale that’s incredibly unique and lovely to down the whole year round.
- Saint Arnold Orange Show (Blonde): A blonde ale with real blood oranges. A strong citrus aroma comes from blood orange purée added during fermentation and the choice of citrusy hops. The combination of sweet, bitter and slightly tart flavors make it a balanced, light bodied beer. A portion of all proceeds goes towards Houston’s Orange Show Center for Visionary Art.
- Sam Smith Nut Brown (English Brown Ale): Brewed witth well water from the original well at The Old Brewery, sunk in 1758, with the hard well wter being drawn from 85 feet underground, best barley malt, yeast and aromatic hops. Then fermented in “stone Yorkshire Squares’ to create a relatively dry ale with rich nutty color and palate of beech nuts, almonds and walnuts.
- Delirum Noel (Belgian Strong Ale): Pours a chestnut amber color with a fine, white, creamy and lacing foam. Aromas of caramel malt, fruit, spices and the sweetness of alcohol. Tastes of a strong presence of alcohol, very spicy, and slighty bitter. The aftertaste is sweet, spicy and slightly bitter.
- St. Arnold Divine Reserve ’13 Cask (Belgian-style Quad): The aroma is distinctly Belgian and has a hint of fruit. As with most Belgian beers, the hops are primarily used for bitterness and provide little to no flavor or aroma. We kept the malt bill relatively simple to allow each malt to come through it its own way without getting muddled together. The caramel and chocolate malts, in particular, work well together and you can taste each of them in the beer. St. Arnold also added a large amount of Belgian Extra Dark Candi syrup during fermentation, which darkened the color, imparted dark fruit-like flavors and boosted the alcohol. Despite its high strenght though, the alcohol only comes out as a warmt on the back end but is not overpowering. The aftertaste is slightly sweet but also has a dryness that makes you want more.
15TH Annual Rescue Rally
Sunday, November 4th @ 1PM
Join us in supporting local animal rescue and education groups like Barrio Dogs and Friends for Life. Local businesses and breweries have donated awesome swag, from gift cards to guitars. You bid, you buy a beer, and all proceeds go to animal rescue. Live music by Ruckus at 6:00pm!
HOLIDAY BEER TASTING
Saturday, December 1st @ 3PM
Join us for our annual Holiday Beer Tasting! We will be featuring 8 holiday beers with paired eats! We will have brewery reps attending along with beer swag, raffle prizes, and giveaways. Tickets sell out quickly so get yours today!
SAINT ARNOLD RICE VILLAGE PUB CRAWL
Saturday, December 8 from 2:00-6:00
Saint Arnold is bringing their World Famous Pub Crawl back to Rice Village on Saturday, December 8, and you, beautiful craft beer lover, are invited.
You’ll start at Under the Volcano between 2:00 and 3:00 PM. You’ll get your punch card at that stop, and from there, you’ll learn your route. Thus, you need to begin crawling by 3:00 PM. At 6:00 PM, everybody will gather at the final stop, Hopdoddy Burger Bar, where we will award the prize. The prize for making all the stops will be a lovely Saint Arnold Pub Crawl pint glass.
As always, designated drivers are both eligible for the award and encouraged to attend. Never Pub Crawled with us before? Worry not! Our Pub Crawls are always free, fun and easy. Here’s where you’ll find us:
NEW TO THE GINGER MAN HOUSTON!
Come play trivia at The Ginger Man every Monday @ 7:00 hosted by Scott Morrison. Use your noggin knowledge to win prizes… and friends! The upcoming months’ featured Trivia breweries include…
- Samuel Smith Brewery – 11/19
- Community Beer Company – 11/26
- Firestone Walker – 12/3
- Karbach – 12/17
CARDS AGAINST HUMANITY NIGHT
Every Wednesday night, be sure to get a coveted seat at our Cards Against Humanity Night! Don’t know what Cards Against Humanity is? In their own words “Cards Against Humanity is a party game for horrible people. Unlike most of the party games you’ve played before, Cards Against Humanity is as despicable and awkward as you and your friends. The game is simple. Each round, one player asks a question from a black card, and everyone else answers with their funniest white card.” Each week compete to win the top prize from a brewery. Check out this month’s featured breweries…
- Rahr – 11/28
- St. Arnold – 12/5
- Buffalo Bayou – 12/19
LIVE MUSIC THURSDAYS
The Ginger Man Houston has live music EVERY Thursday night starting at 7 o’clock! Check out this month’s featured performers…
- Scott Morrison – 11/1
- Ruckus – 11/4 *SUNDAY SHOW*
- Scott Morrison – 11/10 *SATURDAY SHOW*
- Double Shot – 11/15
- Scott Morrison – 11/22
- Ben Jarrad – 11/29
- Scott Morrison – 12/6
- Double Shot Band – 12/13
- Mercedes Saldivar – 12/20
- Ben Jarrad -12/27
Is there something that we are missing? Let us know. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org