WHAT’S NEW IN OUR WORLD OF BEER?
FLIGHT OF THE MONTH
- Weihenstephaner Hefeweizen
- Celis White
- Celis Raspberry
- Franconia Kristalweizen
- Kasteel Rouge
- Kasteel Raspbarista
- Petrus Saison de Pale
- Real Ale Lime Gose
NEW ON THE TAP WALL
- St. Arnold Oktoberfest (Märzen Lager)
- Hacker Pschorr Oktoberfest (Märzen Lager)
- Ayinger Oktoberfest (Märzen Lager)
- Spaten Oktoberfest (Märzen Lager)
- Hofbrau Oktoberfest (Märzen Lager)
- Brooklyn Oktoberfest (Märzen Lager)
- Paulaner Oktoberfest (Märzen Lager)
- Sierra Nevada Hazy Little Something (IPA)
- Lakewood Punkel (Pumpkin Pie Spiced Dunkel)
- Dogfish Head Punkin’ (Pumpkin Brown Ale)
- Dogfish Head Flesh and Blood IPA (IPA)
FEATURED BEER OF THE MONTH
Karbach Karbachtoberfest (Märzen Lager): While you may not be able to attend Oktoberfest this year, you can experience the world’s biggest beer festival right here with Karbachtoberfest! An authentic, Bavarian-style Märrzen, decoction mashed with Vienna and Munich malts, cold fermented and aged for six weeks, this beer pairs well with pretzels and sausage, but it tastes mighty fine on it’s own.
Sweetwater 420 Strain G13 (IPA): This aromatic super-hybrid sticky IPA is first and foremost a phenomenally delicious and drinkable beer, with the added bonus of an olfactory experience that mimics that of the legendary G13 cannabis strain. The IPA base brew has a great body, good head and nice amount of haze at a pleasurable 6% ABV. To work with the malt bill, the brewers added some of their dankest hops, Columbus and Simcoe, plus two dry hop additions. To achieve the aroma, our brewers found the perfect botanically-sourced, strain specific terpenes and married them with propriety natural hemp flavor, both perfectly complementing the hops in the IPA.
Ayinger Oktoberfest (MärzenLager): Rich, amber-golden color. Deep, inviting, malty nose and bready, wonderful flavor that’s an ode to barley. Medium to big body, with a touch of warming alcohol on the finish. Soft dryness from long maturation.
Spaten Oktoberfest (Märzen Lager): Amber in color. This medium bodied beer has achieved its impeccable taste by balancing the roasted malt flavor with the perfect amount of hops. Having a rich textured palate with an underlying sweetness true to tradition.
- Kasteel Rouge (Cherry Fruit Beer): The #1 selling beer of Brewery Van Honsebrouck, Kasteel Rouge is created by blending Kasteel Donker with the liquor of cherries used for specialty chocolate and confectionery in Belgium. The union of these two excellent products creates a beer that can be best described as a chocolate-covered cherry. The yeast esters lend a spicy character which pulls the entire brew together. A color of deep black cherry lends to strawberry colored foam. Rouge is unique, decadent and sinful like the desserts we cherish and what is life without a little excess?
- Kasteel Raspbarista (Raspberry Chocolate Quad): RaspBarista by Kasteel (Brouwerij de Van Honsebrouck) is a blend of the original Barista Chocolate Quad and St. Louis Framboise. The tartness of the raspberries (framboise) contrasts with bitter-dark chocolate notes in the beer. It also tones down the coffee aroma a touch. RaspBarista Chocolate Quad has an 11% ABV, with a surprisingly lighter body than most traditional quads. This beer alone can be the perfect end to a feast, but its lighter body makes it the perfect beer to pair with most decadent desserts.
- Petrus Saison de Pale (Saison): This sour saison made in Belgium by Brewery De Brabandere in collaboration with Dogfish Head combines the best of two different worlds. The specific dryness of the saison yeasts in combination with the 100% uncut PETRUS sour beer, aged for 2 years, is a very complex and refreshing combination. Cheers to this limited edition!
- Real Ale Lime Gose (Gose): Gose is a rarely brewed regional specialty beer from Northern Germany. A slightly sour wheat beer, it’s known for hints of coriander and a unique saltiness that is derived from the local water source. As a twist on the original, we add fresh lime juice to our version after fermentation. The result is a delightfully tart and refreshing beer to help you slug it out with even the hottest of Texas summers.
SOUTHLAKE TOWN SQUARE OKTOBERFEST
October 5th through October 7th
Join us during the annual Southlake TownSquare Oktoberfest celebration! Grab a pint of your favorite Oktoberfest after enjoying the festivities in Town Square! This year will mark the 17th anniversary of the Oktoberfest celebration hosted by Southlake’s Chamber of Commerce. Over 100,000 people visit throughout the weekend festival! Attendance is completely free — there are no admissions or parking fees.
PUMPKIN CARVING with DOGFISH HEAD
Tuesday, October 23rd
Grab a ghoulish brew from Dogfish Head at our annual Pumpkin Carving Contest. Pumpkins available while supplies last. We’ll be featuring the tasty Punkin Ale; a full-bodied brown ale with smooth hints of pumpkin and brown sugar. Dogfish brews their Punkin Ale with pumpkin meat, brown sugar and spices. Delicious and nutritious? Well, delicious for sure! For more information, stay tuned to our social media. No reservations required, but feel free to call to reserve a spot.
Paint Party Express
Paint & Sip with Paint Party Express! Paint Party Express (DFW’s mobile paint party company) will walk you through the process of painting your very own masterpiece! Take your painting home with you when you’re finished! It’s like an art class and a party at the same time! No artistic experience? No problem! Just come have fun!
A professional artist will guide you and chances are, you’ll find out you have an inner artist in there after all! The cost is only $26 per person. Arrive 15 minutes early as the class will begin promptly at 7:00.
Thursday, September 13th @ 7pm
Thursday, October 11th @ 7pm
Thursday, November 15th @ 7pm
Thursday, December 13th @ 7pm
LIVE MUSIC SATURDAYS
The Ginger Man Southlake has live music EVERY Saturday @ 8 pm! Check out this month’s featured performers…
- RPM – September 29
- Acoustic Soup – October 6
- Aaron Cooper – October 13
- Lorenzo – October 20
- Jax Bros – October 27
Come play trivia at The Ginger Man Southlake every Wednesday @ 7:30. Use your noggin knowledge to win prizes (and friends)! This month’s featured Trivia breweries include…
- Founders – September 26
- Community – October 3
- TBD – October 10
- Lakewood – October 17
- Firestone Walker – October 24
Is there something that we are missing? Let us know. Email us at email@example.com.