WHAT’S NEW IN OUR WORLD OF BEER?
FLIGHT OF THE MONTH
- New Belgium Brut IPA
- Dogfish Head Flesh and Blood
- Wittekirke Sour Grapefruit
- NXNW Zombie Dragon
- Oskar Blues Guns & Rose’
- Real Ale Devils Backbone
- Austin Beerworks Goldfist
- Founders Solid Gold
NEW ON THE TAP WALL
- Franconia Chicken Dance (German Dopplebock)
- Greene King/Morland Brewery Old Speckled Hen (English Pale Ale)
- Oskar Blues Can-O-Bliss (Tropical IPA)
- Austin Beerworks Gold Fist (Belgian Strong Pale Ale)
FEATURED BEER OF THE MONTH
- Chimay Grande Reserve (Belgian Strong Dark Ale): Dark ale with rich flavors of mulling spices and caramel, with a smooth palate and warming finish
- Flensburger Braurei Winterbock (German Dopplebock): Bright amber gold in color. Some mild spice notes, a bit of clove, and a mid-sweet finish.
- Austin Beerworks Gold Fist (Belgian Strong Pale Ale): Body has tastes of bread, lemon, citrus, and light spice… Finishes with a slightly sweet back end. The flavor hides the alcohol content very well.
- De Brabandere Bavik Super Pils (Bohemian Pilsner): Cracker, sweet biscuits, barley, hay, grass, mild hops, slight honey character.
- Franconia Chicken Dance (German Weizenbock): German Classic dark Weizenbock aged in french Bordeaux oak. Features flavors and aromas of oak, coconut, as well as vanilla. Fruity notes come through from the German yeast used in the beer.
CHARITY CHILI COOK-OFF
Saturday, March 2nd @ 2-5
Join us at The Ginger Man Hill Country for our first Annual Charity Chili Cook Off featuring Deep Ellum Brewery and benefiting Can’d Aid Foundation. Raffle prizes, silent auction, chili, and beer… sounds like a great Sunday to us!
HILL COUNTRY GALLERIA WINE WALK
Thursday, March 14th from 5:00PM-9:00PM
Shop the eclectic mix of retailers in the Galleria while discovering great wines from all over the world. Start at Twin Liquors to pick up a map to guide you on the Wine Walk. Keep your map with you as your ticket for each wine walk stop. The first 100 attendees will receive a complimentary lululemon SWAG bag filled with retailer promotions. The Hill Country Galleria Wine Walk takes place on the 2nd Thursday of every month from 5-9pm.
TOM & SHANE’S
ALL NATURAL MUSIC
Thursday, March 21st @ 7 PM
Tom & Shane are an acoustic duo performing a wide variety of rock, jazz, folk and blues favorites. It’s All Natural Music, a Magic Carpet Ride for the Soul! Tom Harvey is a veteran of many Austin electric bands, including his new rock trio The Windows which once won the Austin Chronicle reader’s poll for Best Texas EP, and his band Body Politik which once performed at the South By Southwest Music Festival. Tom has teamed with Shane Bogardus, an east coast veteran of classic rock, jam, and latin funk, to form Tom & Shane’s All Natural Music. With Tom on acoustic guitar and vocals and Shane on percussion, flute and vocals, they have honed more than an hour’s worth of original songs, plus hours of crowd-pleasing covers that cross many eras and styles.
Thursday, April 25th @ 7 PM
Join us for a special night of music with Calvin Locklear. After 2 self released EP’s “No One is Listening” and “Hottest Hell,” his debut album “Gift Horse will be released this April 2019; “the roots of Cracker, the pop of Nada Surf, and the classic rock of Tom Petty guide this collection of songs to create something like an old baseball card that you want to keep in your sock drawer forever” – www.calvinlocklear.com
Thursday, April 11th @ 8PM
Test out your set of pipes at Hill Country Galleria! We welcome voices big and small to our first night of Karaoke at The Ginger Man. Hosted by our fearless trivia leader, Alden Schaub, it’s going to be a musical delight!
Come play trivia at The Ginger Man Hill Country Galleria every Tuesday @ 7:00 with Unknown Trivia, hosted by Alden Schaub . Use your noggin knowledge to win prizes… and friends! The upcoming months’ featured Trivia breweries include…
- 3/26: Alaskan
- 4/2: Austin Beerworks
- 4/9: Stella
- 4/16: Sierra Nevada
- 4/23: Bishops Cider
- 4/30: Stella
Is there something that we are missing? Let us know. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.